Three Pawsitively Fun TI-Nspire Math Activities
We love our dogs! In fact, they motivated us to write a math few activities where dogs are the stars. Math doesn't have to be 'ruff' 😉. These engaging canine 'nspired lessons can be used in middle grades and Algebra 1.
In this TI-Nspire CX activity from the Building Concepts series, students explore the concept of a unit-rate, and discover that equivalent ratios have the same unit rate, all while making sure that all the puppies are sharing food in a fair way.
In this TI-Nspire CX activity from the Building Concepts series, students revisit the dogs from the Introduction to rates lesson, but now with a focus on the mean. Students will discover and exercise the concept as mean as a fair share value.
The “dog days of summer” are wrapping up soon. Have your students get back into gear with this fun TI-Nspire activity. Students will explore input/output relationships as they describe domain, range, and linear functions in the context of converting dog ages into human years.
Want to try an activity but don't have a TI-Nspire CX? Download a free 90-day trial version of the TI-Nspire™ CX and TI-Nspire™ CX CAS Teacher Software.
- January (1)
- Learn to Code with Your TI Graphing Calculator
- Building Bridges with Math + Engineering
- 5 Engineering Projects You Can Do in Your Science Class
- Set your Students up to Soar with “STEM on the Fly”
- Oklahoma Students Make Their Mark Learning to Program with Rover
- Fall in Love with Polar Graphs: Top 4 Ways to Turn Heads with the TI-84 Plus
- March (4)
- Meet TI Teacher of the Month: Daniel Wilkie
- AP® Statistics: 6 Math Functions You Must Know for the TI-84 Plus
- Insider Tips for Winning the TI Codes Contest
- How a math teacher started her school’s first coding club
- Top 10 Features of TI-84 Plus for Taking the ACT®
- Celebrate Mathematics Awareness Month
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (4)
- August (4)
- September (4)
- January (2)
- February (1)
- April (3)
- May (1)
- June (3)
- July (1)
- August (1)
- September (1)
- October (1)
- April (2)
- May (2)
- August (1)
- September (3)