Five Ways Math Teachers are Superheroes
How often do you hear students say things like, “I’m not good at math,” or “I don’t like math,” or “Why do I have to learn this?”
In celebration of Teacher Appreciation Month, we visited Plano East Senior High School outside of Dallas to ask students how they really feel about their math teachers. The truth may surprise you and warm your heart. It will definitely remind you why you work tirelessly day-in-and-day-out to get your students excited about math.
Here are our top 5 takeaways:
#1 – Math teachers change students’ perceptions of math!
You might hear your students say, “I hate math.” But, they really do love when they understand – and that you make the effort to help them get it!
#2– Math teachers make math fun!
Math teachers know how to ÷ and conquer their math class to make it the life of the party!
#3 – Math Teachers get to know their students.
Math teachers relate to their students and find ways to motivate them. They tap into students’ interests to push them to do better.
#4 – Math Teachers care!
Math makes everything in the world work, but students can struggle to see that. Math teachers provide encouragement and support.
#5 – Math Teachers go above and beyond their normal duties.
Math teachers go that extra mile to make sure their students are successful.
Feeling inspired to thank your teacher? Download this free printable card and #ThankATeacher.
- January (1)
- Learn to Code with Your TI Graphing Calculator
- Building Bridges with Math + Engineering
- 5 Engineering Projects You Can Do in Your Science Class
- Set your Students up to Soar with “STEM on the Fly”
- Oklahoma Students Make Their Mark Learning to Program with Rover
- Fall in Love with Polar Graphs: Top 4 Ways to Turn Heads with the TI-84 Plus
- March (4)
- Meet TI Teacher of the Month: Daniel Wilkie
- AP® Statistics: 6 Math Functions You Must Know for the TI-84 Plus
- Insider Tips for Winning the TI Codes Contest
- How a math teacher started her school’s first coding club
- Top 10 Features of TI-84 Plus for Taking the ACT®
- Celebrate Mathematics Awareness Month
- May (4)
- June (4)
- July (4)
- August (4)
- Meet TI Teacher of the Month: Fatemia Fuson
- Which TI Calculator for the SAT® and Why?
- Test your math strength against former pro-football player, John Urschel
- Tips for Transitioning to the TI-Nspire CX from the TI-84 Plus
- Six tips for using the TI-84 Plus CE on the SAT®
- 3 Fun Ways to Create Seating Charts
- Meet the Women in STEM Twitter Chat Panelists
- Art in Chemistry
- Which Texas Instruments (TI) Calculator for the ACT® and Why?
- Meet TI Teacher of the Month: Jessica Kohout
- Innovation in Biology
- Learning With Your Students
- A first-of-its-kind STEM strategy charts path to help educators
- #NCTMregionals Hartford 2018 Recap
- The Math Behind “Going Viral”
- Real-World Applications of Chemistry
- November (6)
- January (2)
- February (1)
- April (3)
- May (1)
- June (3)
- July (1)
- August (1)
- September (1)
- October (1)
- April (2)
- May (2)
- August (1)
- September (3)