- Students will be able to identify a restricted domain interval and use function translations and dilations to choose and position a portion of the graph accurately in the plane to match a given quadratic graph.
- Students will be able to identify a function and suitable domain interval that will approximate the shape of a given curve in the plane.
About the Lesson
This lesson involves creating an image using transformed functions with restricted domains. As a result, students will:
- Graph functions on a TI-Nspire.
- Restrict the domain of a function on the TI-Nspire.
- Transform a variety of functions.
- Restrict the domain to achieve a desired result.