- Given functions f and g, student will be able to determine the domain and range of each as well as the composite functions defined by f(g(x)) and g(f(x))
- Students will interpret the graphical relationship between two functions and their composition
- Students will determine relationships between two functions to create a composition of functions in the context of real-world applications
- Composite functions
About the Lesson
This lesson explores the composition of functions, their graphs, and their application to real-world situations. As a result, students will:
- Interpret relationships between domain and range of two functions that produce a composite function.
- Analyze the data from a table that is generated from a model of a real-life situation that represents a composite function.
- Summarize the relationship between functions and their composite function.