- Students will use their knowledge of matrices and their inverses to encode and decode messages, solve systems of equations, and write equations for messages.
- Students will be able to input their data into matrices and perform calculations on them.
- Students be able to interpret the results of their calculations.
- Students will utilize different methods to check the results of their calculations and verify their solutions.
- identity matrix
- inverse matrix
About the Lesson
This lesson involves using matrices to encode and decode a message.
As a result, students will:
- Learn how matrices can be applied to real world problems.
- Learn that (some) matrix multiplications can be "undone" by multiplying by an inverse matrix.