- Students will be able to input their data into matrices and perform calculations on them.
- Students will be able to interpret the results of their calculations.
- Students will utilize different methods to check the results of their calculations and to verify their solutions.
- identity matrix
- inverse matrix
- matrix equation
- system of equations
About the Lesson
This lesson involves using matrices to solve a system of three simultaneous linear equations.
As a result, students will:
- Use matrices to write an equation for a parabola that passes through three given points.
- Input their own matrices to solve problems that are similar to those outlined above.