- Students will create a piecewise linear graph to model a real life scenario.
- Students will identify connections between position and velocity functions and their graphs.
- Students will create velocity graphs based on information about position and position graphs based on information about velocity.
About the Lesson
This lesson involves creating and comparing graphical representations of position and velocity functions from a scenario.
As a result, students will:
- Manipulate pieces of a piecewise linear function to represent a real life scenario about the position of an object.
- Manipulate pieces of a piecewise linear function to represent the position of an object given information about its velocity.
- Predict and evaluate predictions about the velocity of an object based on a graph of its position.