- Students will modify a piecewise linear graph of velocity to model a scenario.
- Students will make connections between a graph of an object's velocity and a corresponding graph of an object's position.
- Students will create velocity graphs based on an object's position, and position graphs based on an object's velocity.
- increasing and decreasing functions
About the Lesson
This lesson involves creating and comparing graphical representations of velocity and position based on real-life scenarios.
As a result, students will:
- Manipulate segments of a piecewise linear function to represent a real life scenario about the velocity of an object.
- Manipulate segments of a piecewise linear function to represent the velocity of an object given a real life scenario about its position.
- Make and evaluate predictions about the position of an object given information about the object’s velocity.