- Model a real-world application with a linear system of equations with three variables.
- Use the technology to solve a system of three equations in three variables and interpret the solutions
- Utilize the information from their solution to solve other problems
- linear system
- system of equations
About the Lesson
This lesson involves setting up and solving systems of equations. As a result, students will:
- Write a system of linear equations with three variables to model a real-world application.
- Solve their system of equations.
- Utilize their solutions to determine the number of calories contained in a gram of carbohydrate, a gram of protein, and a gram of fat, and also obtain the formula for finding basal metabolic rate (BMR).
- Write and solve additional equations to further explore information about calories and diet.