- Students will describe the relationship between a central angle, the radius, and the arc length of a circle.
- Students will recognize that changing the radius of a circle does not affect the proportions in the circle.
- Students will convert an angle measure from radians to degrees and vice versa.
- central angle
- exact value
- right angle
About the Lesson
This lesson involves exploring the relationship between the central angle, the arc, and the radius of a circle.
As a result, students will:
- Use a slider to change the radius, and conclude that the relationships are preserved.
- Form a definition of a radian.
- Drag a point to change the measure of the central angle to discover the relationship between radian and degree measure.
- Create a proportion that can be used to convert the measure of an angle from degrees to radians and vice versa.