- Students will explore the family of exponential functions of the form f(x) = c*bx+aand be able to describe the effect of each parameter on the graph of y = f(x)
- Students will be able to determine the equation that corresponds to the graph of an exponential function.
- Students will understand that a horizontal translation and a vertical stretch of the graph of an exponential function are essentially the same.
- exponential function
- vertical shift
About the Lesson
This lesson involves the family of exponential functions of the form f(x) = c*bx+a
As a result students will:
- Manipulate sliders, and observe the effect on the graph of the corresponding exponential function.
- Conjecture and draw conclusions about the effect of each parameter on the graph of the exponential function.
- Compare horizontal translation and vertical stretch and manipulate equations to demonstrate they are the same.v
- Match specific exponential functions with their corresponding graphs.