- Use variables to store values
- Use the randint() function to generate integers
- Use the print() function to display
- Use a while loop to repeat code.
- Add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators.
- Multiply and divide fractions.(Teacher Note step 9 tells how to restrict to add and subtract)
- Add, subtract, multiple, and divide fractions with positive and negative values. (Teacher note step 3 to restrict to positive values).
About the Lesson
In this project, students will create a fraction tic tac toe game. The tic tac toe board and scoring code have already been written for students in the “Tic Tac Toe Template.tns” file. They will write the additional code to generate fraction problems, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems. Students will also write the code to request the user’s answer. The user must answer the question correctly to earn a new spot on the board. The computer always earns a new spot, so math carefully!
Note: This lesson requires the use of TI-Nspire™ CX II technology with OS 5.2 and above.