- Students will be able to interpret variability in the sampling distribution of a sample statistic.
- Students will evaluate the usefulness of a statistic by studying its sampling distribution.
- Students will be able to identify a biased estimator that results in predominantly over or under estimates of the population parameter.
About the Lesson
This lesson involves estimating the largest value from a population of consecutive numbers starting at 1.
As a result, students will:
- Create rules to estimate the largest number of a population based on random samples from the population.
- Analyze rules using graphs of the sampling distributions of a sample statistic.
- Analyze rules to determine an estimate of the largest value from a population.