- Students will determine the relationship between the number of "steps" a walker takes and the time it takes to make these "steps".
- independent variable
- dependent variable
About the Lesson
This lesson involves collecting time data as a walker moves at a constant pace.
As a result, students will:
- Use a stopwatch built into the TI-Nspire document.
- Model the event with a function that best fits the time vs. step plot.
- Relate the real event of a walker moving at a constant speed to a linear function in the form of y = mx + b.
- Optional: Explore how the plot of time vs. distance varies from distance vs. time.