- Students will understand what it means for an ordered pair to be a solution to a linear equation.
- Students will understand what it means for an ordered pair to be a solution to a system of linear equations.
- system of linear equations
About the Lesson
This lesson involves solving a system of linear equations. As a result, students will:
- Understand that there are an infinite number of solutions to one equation, but exactly one solution for this particular system of equations.
- Begin to explore the possibility of having infinitely many or no solutions.