- Students will be able to interpret reciprocal, negative angle, cofunction, and Pythagorean identities in terms of the graphs of the trigonometric functions involved.
- Students will be able to prove trigonometric identities algebraically.
- Students will be able to visualize trigonometric identities graphically.
- Cofunction Identities
- Negative Angle Identities
- Pythagorean Identities
- Reciprocal Identities
- Trigonometric Identities
About the Lesson
This lesson involves discovering, visualizing, and proving trigonometric identities.
As a result, students will:
- Manipulate the graphs of trigonometric functions.
- Utilize sliders to discover and support trigonometric identities.
- Drag a point to see its relationship to its reflected image and use this information to discover the Negative Angle Identities.
- Utilize the relationship between an angle and its complement to discover the Cofunction Identities.