- Students will represent bivariate categorical data with bar charts and split bar charts.
- Students will examine and describe patterns in bivariate categorical data by displaying frequencies in a two-way table.
- Students will use relative frequencies to identify a possible association between the two variables.
- bivariate data
- categorical data
- split bar chart
- two-way tables
About the Lesson
This lesson involves using given bivariate and multivariate categorical data to display bar charts and construct two-way tables.
As a result, students will:
- Construct bar charts and split bar charts for categorical data.
- Build tables and two-way tables by gathering information in the charts.
- Find any patterns of association in the charts or tables.