- Students will compute unit rates.
- Students will find linear equations using unit rates to represent proportional relationships.
- Students will examine ordered pairs to confirm that linear equations represent proportional relationships.
- ordered pair
- unit rate
- linear relationship
- proportional relationship
About the Lesson
This lesson involves finding a linear equation and confirming the equation represents a proportional relationship with numeric values in ordered pairs or in functions tables.
As a result, students will:
- Find the linear relationship given a proportional situation.
- Find ordered pairs on the linear equation.
- Find numeric value that fit the proportional situation.