- Students will use box plots and histograms to analyze data.
- Students will use data from a random sample to draw inferences about an unknown characteristic of interest that describes a population.
- random sampling
- Mean Absolute Deviation (MAD)
- box plot
- Interquartile Range (IQR)
About the Lesson
This lesson involves using random sampling to make predictions about a population.
As a result, students will:
- Use box plots, histograms and measures of central tendency to draw inferences about samples and a population.