- Students will determine and analyze a polynomial model for a section of roller coaster track.
- Students will utilize translations to adjust their model to fit various criteria.
- Students will construct a cubic equation in factored form to fit given criteria.
- cubic regression
- degree of a polynomial equation
About the Lesson
This lesson involves finding a cubic regression equation to model a section of roller coaster track.
As a result, students will:
- See the effect that various transformations have on the graph of a function.
- Analyze the regression equation to answer various questions.
- Adjust their equations to fit various criteria, and understand the advantages of writing them in various forms.
- Write a cubic equation, in factored form, to fit given criteria.