- Students will explore and predict patterns found in repeating decimals for select fractions.
- Students will determine the repeating digit (or group of digits) for a repeating decimal.
- Students will find repeating digits and use patterns in repeating decimals to determine equivalent fractions.
- decimal representation
- repeating decimal
- repeating digits
About the Lesson
This lesson involves students exploring patterns in repeating decimals that represent fractions with denominators 9, 99, and 999.
As a result, students will:
- Find the repeating decimal representation for select fractions.
- Find fractions given select repeating decimal representations.