- Students will use a ratio to create and plot points and will determine a mathematical relationship for plotted points.
- Students will compute the unit rate given a ratio.
- Students will predict ordered pairs based on a given ratio.
- unit rate
- linear relationship
- proportional relationship
About the Lesson
This lesson involves the use of a given ratio to plot sets of points within a real-world context.
As a result, students will:
- Recognize the linear relationship of the set of points.
- Predict ordered pairs based on the given ratio.
- Compute and use the unit rate for a given ratio.
- Recognize the set of points will include (0, 0) and (1, r) where r is the value of the unit rate.