- Students will explore and apply components of a simple series circuit.
- Students will explore and apply characteristics of the circuit.
- Student will collect voltage, current, and resistance data in a series circuit simulation.
- Students will analyze data to develop and apply Ohm’s Law.
- Ohm’s Law
About the Lesson
This lesson simulates a simple series circuit.
As a result, students will:
- Identify and use components of the circuit.
- Set values for source voltage and resistances.
- Connect a voltmeter properly to measure voltages across resistors.
- Use data to develop Ohm’s Law.
- Apply circuit knowledge and Ohm’s Law to sketch and calculate current flow.