- Students will describe an electric field and electric field lines.
- Students will describe what happens when two like charges interact and when two unlike charges interact.
- Student will simulate the motion of a charge particle through an electric field using the properties of like and unlike charges.
- electric field
- negative charge
- electric field lines
- positive charge
- electric force
About the Lesson
Adapted from a PhETTM simulation, this lesson is a simulation of an electric field where positive and negative charges interact. The fictitious context is of a hockey-style game where a positive charge (the "puck") is pushed through the "goal".
As a result, students will:
PhET is a trademark owned by the Regents of the University of Colorado, which was not involved in the production of, nor do they endorse this product.
- describe an electric field and electric field lines
- describe the interaction of like and unlike charges
- predict the motion of charged particles