- Students will describe electric current, voltage, and resistance and the units of measurements for these physical quantities.
- Students will construct series and parallel circuits.
- Students will solve current-voltage-resistance equations for series and parallel circuits.
- circuit diagram
- series circuit
- electric current
- parallel circuit
About the Lesson
Adapted from a PhETTM simulation, this lesson uses a simulation environment for construct electric circuits. Students construct series and parallel circuits. They also work with equations relating voltage, current, and resistance.
As a result, students will:
PhET is a trademark owned by the Regents of the University of Colorado, which was not involved in the production of, nor do they endorse this product.
- Describe an electric circuit.
- Use formulas to calculate resistance, voltage and current.
- Construct series and parallel circuits.