Solution 26652: Troubleshooting TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ Wireless Cradles and Wireless Network Adapters Not Being Detected by TI-Network Manager.
How do I troubleshoot TI-Nspire Navigator Wireless Network Adapters and Wireless Cradles that are not being detected by TI-Network Manager?
Before attempting to troubleshoot TI-Nspire Navigator Wireless Network Adapters and Wireless Cradles first verify the items below:
• Verify the all handhelds are powered on.
• Verify that the TI-Nspire CX Handhelds or Wireless Cradles have been charged overnight and have at least 25% or above battery charge.
• Verify that the latest version of TI-Nspire family handheld OS (Operating System) and TI-Nspire Navigator Teacher software is installed.
Please Note: To check the version of TI-Nspire Family OS installed and battery charge, with the handheld turned [ON], press [Home]  . To check the version of TI-Nspire Family Software, with the software open, click [Help] [About].
Additional Note:If there are multiple TI-Nspire Navigator Systems at your location verify all systems are updated to the latest version. If they are not all updated to the latest version all systems at the location may not work correctly.
• Verify that the Wireless Cradles and Wireless Network Adapters are attached to the TI-Nspire Family handhelds.
• Verify the Wireless Cradles are switched to the [ON] position using the lever located on the back.
• Verify the TI-Nspire Navigator Access Point is setup correctly and has latest version of firmware.
• Verify the USB cable that connects the Access Point to the computer is securely connected on both ends. Also, make sure the USB cable is connected to one of the computer's on-board USB ports and not a USB hub.
• Verify the TI-Nspire Navigator Access Point is in an open elevated position and is not resting on top of another electronic device.
• Verify that all the TI-Nspire Family handhelds are within 60 feet of the Access Point. Any distance beyond 60 feet is outside the Access Point’s range.
• Verify that there are no known devices that cause interference in the environment such as Microwaves, 2.4ghz cordless devices (phones, microphones, etc) and large electronic equipment (such as an HVAC system). If possible, turn them off or place the Access Point in a location situated away from them.
• Verify if other 802.11 wireless Access Points are located at your site. If there is other 802.11 wireless Access Points find the channel they operate on and switch the TI-Nspire Navigator Access Point to a different channel. For assistance verifying this item please contact your Network Administrator for your site.
Please Note: Only use network channels 1, 6 and 11 when setting the Access Point to another channel to avoid channel interference. These channels are the only main channels. All other channels not listed will actually interfere with the main channels, for example channel 3 will overlap network space from both 1 and 6 since it lies in betwen these channels
• Verify there are no Rogue network detecting and/or blocking systems in the environment. To try and remedy this, it would be necessary to add the MAC address, located at the bottom of the Access Point, to the rogue network detecting and/or blocking system. This usually prevents the rogue network detecting and/or blocking systems from interfering with the operation of the Access Point. For assistance verifying this item please contact your Network Administrator for your site.
Once you have verified the items above please try the troubleshoot steps below to detect the not detected handhelds:
Please Note: If none of the Wireless Cradles and Wireless Network Adapters are detected, you should attempt the troubleshooting steps listed for the TI-Nspire Navigator Access Point in Knowledgebase Article #26650.
First determine which of the Wireless Cradles and Wireless Network Adapters are not being detected by using one of the following methods below:
You can use the wireless icon listed on the TI-Nspire Handheld's display to verify what wireless state the Wireless Cradles or Wireless Network Adapters is in. For assistance using this method please visit Knowledgebase Article #30390.
• Verify all Wireless Cradles and Wireless Network Adapters are inside their charging bays.
• Next open the TI-Nspire Navigator Teacher Software then Network Manager by clicking [Tools] [Network Manager]
• Once the TI Network Manager is open click the [Plus Sign] next to wireless clients
• Next click [Status] to reorder the cradles in groups of connected and disconnected.
• Next hold down the [Shift] key on your keyboard and then [Mouse Click] the first connected device in the list. While still holding shift [Mouse Click] the last connected device in the list. This should select all the connected devices in the list.
• Click the [Identify Selected] option.
Once identify selected is clicked all Wireless Cradles [Power] and [Wireless] LED's that are detected should begin blinking. All the TI-Nspire Navigator CX charging bay [Power] and [Status] Indicators that are detected should begin blinking.
Once you have determined which of the handhelds are not being detected try the following:
• Verify that the number on the back of the Wireless Cradles and Wireless Network Adapters is located in the Network Manager list.
• On the handhelds not being detected click [Home]   and select the network name you selected on the earlier screen. If the network name is not displayed click [Refresh].
Wireless Cradles Only:
• Switch the Wireless Cradle [OFF] then [ON] again
• If the above does not work switch the Wireless Cradle [OFF]
• Remove the Wireless Cradle from the handheld
• Press the [Reset] button located on the back of the Unit.
• Reattach the Wireless Cradle then switch the Wireless Cradle [ON]
Wireless Network Adapters Only:
• Disconnect the Wireless Network Adapter and reconnect it.
• If the above does not work press the [Reset] button located on the back of the Unit.
If you need additional assistance with other components of the TI-Nspire Navigator System please visit Knowledgebase Article #30332.
If you need assistance with any of the steps listed above or if the troubleshooting does not correct your issue please call the TI-Navigator support line at 1-866-846-2844 Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM and Friday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Central Time or fill out the TI-Cares™ Customer Assistance Form.