Solution 32011: Creating a .csv or .txt Class Roster for Import into the TI-Nspire™ Navigator™ Teacher Software.
How do I create a class roster .csv or .txt for import into the TI-Nspire Navigator Teacher Software?
Outlined below are guidelines to create a .csv or .txt file for import into the TI-Nspire Navigator Teacher software:
Please Note: The instructions below will only work with versions of TI-Nspire Navigator Teacher Software 22.214.171.1242 or above. If you have an earlier version of TI-Nspire Navigator software please call the TI-Navigator support line for assistance getting the latest version at 1-866-846-2844 Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM and Friday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Central Time or fill out the TI-Cares™ Customer Assistance Form.
First you will have to create either a .csv or .txt file with your class information populated. You can either create one from scratch or use the attached .csv or .txt files.
Please Note: To open .csv files you will need a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft® Excel® or OpenOffice® Calc if you do not have either of these programs it is suggested you use the .txt file.
If you create the files from scratch you will need to create a file with at least 4 columns with the below headers:
There are a few optional headers you can enter listed below:
Specific information about the headers listed above can be found below:
Class Name corresponds to the name of the class the student is assigned
to, when clicking the class selector this is the name that will appear
in the list.
• First Name is the student’s first name
• Last Name is the student’s last name
• User Name is the name the student will use to log in and must be unique no two students in any of your classes can have the same username.
• Section Name is appended to the end of the class name in the format [Class Name] - [Section Name] this allows you to name your class names the same and separate classes by their section.
• Student ID is a numerical indicator assigned to each student and is only listed for record keeping and is not used by the software in any way.
• Password allows you to assign a specific password to a student rather than having the student chooses their password when they first log in.
Once you have finished creating your .csv or .txt file you can import the class roster information into the TI-Nspire Navigator Teacher Software by following the steps in Knowledgebase Article #32012.
If you need additional assistance with other components of the TI-Navigator System please visit Knowledgebase Article #31211.
If you need assistance with any of the steps listed above or if the troubleshooting steps do not correct your issue please call the TI-Navigator support line at 1-866-846-2844 Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM and Friday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Central Time or fill out the TI-Cares™ Customer Assistance Form.