Solution 38195: Troubleshooting a TI-Nspire CX or TI-Nspire CX CAS Graphing Handheld That Displays "System Error."
What troubleshooting steps can I try if the TI-Nspire CX or TI-Nspire CX CAS graphing handheld displays "System Error"?
System error means there is something wrong with the installed Operating System (OS) on your TI-Nspire CX Family of handheld. To fix this issue it is necessary to format the unit and reinstall the operating to do this please follow the steps below:
Steps for TI-Nspire CX or TI-Nspire CX CAS WITH a Blue Reset Button:
• Begin by holding down the reset button for 5 seconds. Release the reset button, press and hold the [doc] [enter] and [EE] keys, and press and release the [on] key.
Steps for TI-Nspire CX or TI-Nspire CX CAS WITHOUT a Blue Reset Button:
• Begin by holding down the reset button. With the reset button held down, press and hold the [doc] [enter] and [EE] keys, then release the reset button.
• The device will boot up and will display a menu with the following maintenance options:
2. Delete Operating System
3. Delete Document Folder Contents
4. Complete Format
• Press  for Complete Format then press  to proceed.
• After the format process is complete press any key to proceed the handheld will reboot and display the message "Operating System not found. Install OS now".
• Next download the OS file for your handheld using the URL's below:
TI-Nspire CX CAS
• At this point it is necessary to reload the operating system you can do this by following the steps in KB#21390