Explore the relationships between points, lines, and planes.
- Students will identify parallel lines and planes.
- Students will identify perpendicular lines and planes.
- Students will recognize skew lines.
- Students will discuss the intersection of planes.
- Parallel lines
- Perpendicular lines
About the Lesson
This lesson involves use of a cube to represent space. Points and segments flash when clicked. As a result students will:
- Click on vertices of a cube to identify planes, including an interior plane.
- Click on segments of a cube to identify parallel, perpendicular, and skew segments.
- Rotate the cube to visualize the relationships from different perspectives.
- Manipulate planes in space to show the intersection of two planes is a line, and the intersection of three planes can be a point or a line.