- Students will discover how traits can be passed on from parents to offspring.
- Students will predict the traits parents will pass on to their offspring and specify how parents need to combine in order to generate a specific trait in their offspring.
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students will gather data on traits expressed in offspring and explore how allele combinations in parents produce phenotypic ratios in their offsprings.
As a result, student will:
- Complete Punnett squares.
- Collect data on phenotypic ratios.
- Use collected data to spot a pattern in how dominant and recessive alleles are expressed.