- Students will explore and compare the properties of standing waves and an electromagnetic wave.
- Students will observe different resonant frequencies of a standing wave on a spring.
- spring constant
- standing wave
- electromagnetic radiation
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students will use a simulation to explore the properties of standing waves and electromagnetic waves.
As a result, students will:
- Vary the frequency of a standing wave to observe different harmonics.
- Relate higher resonant frequencies to the fundamental resonant frequency.
- Compare the properties of standing waves and electromagnetic waves.
This activity was created using Lua. Learn more about Lua in TI-Nspire here.