- Students will draw diagrams showing how an object's reflection can be seen through a mirror.
- Students will explore the relationship between the distance of the object from a mirror and the image distance from the mirror.
- Students will measure angles of reflection to see the relationship between an object and its reflection.
- angle of incidence
- light path
- plane mirror
About the Lesson
In this lesson, students will reflect objects over a mirror line to determine the position of the image.
As a result, students will:
- Develop the understanding that the image appears the same distance behind the mirror as the object is in front of the mirror.
- Be able to explain the relationship between an object's angle of reflection and how it appears in a mirror.