Applications and Interpretation | Geometry and Trigonometry
Students will create Voronoi Diagrams and apply them to real world scenarios.
- Students will create Voronoi Diagrams and apply them to real world situations.
- Students will draw triangles and find their circumcenters using perpendicular bisectors.
- Connect the use of Voronoi Diagrams with finding the Equations of lines in the form ax + by + c = 0 form, Where a, b, and c are all integers.
About the Lesson
This lesson involves the creation and application of Voronoi Diagrams. As a result, students will:
- Perform Delaunay Triangulation given a set of coordinates or seeds.
- Find the circumcenter of each triangle created, using perpendicular bisectors.
- Use the circumcenters to separate regions or cells in the Voronoi Diagram.
- Apply Voronoi Diagrams to real world situations.