Solution 30732: Troubleshooting a TI-Nspire™ CX handheld that will not charge.
What can I do if my TI-Nspire CX handheld won't charge?
If your TI-Nspire CX handheld will not charge, please check the following:
1) If you are using a wall charger, make sure you are using the TI wall charger that came with your calculator or other UL-certified USB charger rated for at least 1 amp (usually written as “1A” or “1000 mA”). To determine whether your charger is UL-certified, flip it over to the inside, and read the label. Look for the UL stamp, and confirm that it states that it is 1000 mA or higher.
2) Verify the USB cable is completely pushed into the TI-Nspire CX handheld and confirm it is a tight fit. If it is not completely pushed in, the cord will not charge the handheld.
3) Check the reset button on the back of your handheld and make sure it is not pressed. If it is, use a solid object such as a paper clip to make sure it is no longer pressed. It is very important to not use an object that can leave behind debris, such as a pencil.
4) Clean the contacts at the bottom of your handheld's back, beneath the sliding door cover gently with a pencil eraser or clean cloth and rubbing alcohol.
5) Remove the battery door from the back of your handheld, disconnect the TI Rechargeable Battery, then reconnect it. Ensure that the connector is pushed in all the way, and that the wires are not trapped or pinched by the battery door.
6) If you have access to another TI-Nspire rechargeable battery with a charge, install that battery and update your handheld's operating system. Instructions for updating the operating system can be found in knowledge base article #21390.
If the suggestions do not alleviate the problem, please contact TI-Cares for information regarding service.