Solution 35075: Finding the Midpoint or Perpendicular Bisectior of a Line or Segment for the TI-Nspire™ Family.
How do I find the midpoint or perpendicular bisector of a line or segment using the TI-Nspire family?
The TI-Nspire family can calculate the midpoint or bisector of any line, segment, or side of a geometric shape. To do so, follow the steps below.
• Create the line or segment. If unfamiliar with knowing how to create line segments please visit Creating Lines, Segments, Rays, and Vectors using the TI-Nspire™ Family.
• Press [menu] and select [8: Geometry].
• Select [4: Construction].
• Select either [3: Perpendicular Bisector] or [5: Midpoint].
• Move the cursor over the desired line segment and press [enter].
If midpoint was selected, this will create a midpoint of the line segment. If perpendicular bisector was selected, this will create a line perpendicular to the line segment intersecting it at the midpoint.
Please see the TI-Nspire family guidebooks for additional information.