Solution 25110: Calculating a Linear Regression on the TI-Nspire™ Family Products.
How do I calculate a linear regression on the TI-Nspire family products?The example below will demonstrate how to calculate a linear regression for a given set of data using the TI-Nspire family line of products.
Data for this example:
x values: 5, 9, 7, 11
y values: 12, 15, 14, 17
1) Press [home] and select Lists & Spreadsheets.
2) Press  [enter]  [enter]  [enter]   [enter] [Ctrl] .
3) Press [Tab] [a] [Tab] [b] [enter] [Tab].
4) Press   [enter]   [enter]   [enter]   [Tab]
5) Press [menu]  .
6) Press .
7) Press [Right Arrow] until you select 'a and press [tab].
8) Press [Right Arrow] until you select 'b and press [tab].
9) Press [enter].
Please Note: The regression equation is stored to f1(x) by default, to graph the regression equation press [Ctrl] [I] [2 Add Graphs] [Up Arrow] [Enter].
Please see the TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire and TI-Nspire CAS guidebooks for additional information.