Solution 37038: Backup and Restore TI-84 Plus Family Graphing Calculator Files to a Computer using TI Connect CE™ Software.
How can I backup and restore TI-84 Plus family graphing calculator files to my computer using TI Connect CE™ software?”
To back up or copy a file or group of files from the calculator to the computer:
1) Open the TI-Connect CE Software.
2) Connect your TI-84 Plus family calculator to the computer’s USB port and verify the USB cable is completely pushed into the calculator and is a tight fit. If it is not completely pushed in the computer will not detect it. Then, turn the calculator on by pressing the [ON] button.
3) Select the TI Connect CE “Calculator Explorer” workspace from the workspace panel on the left.
4) Click on the file names you would like to select (To select all calculator files, click on [Edit] then [Select All] from the TI Connect CE main menu or press [Ctrl] and [A] on your Windows® computer or [Command] and [A] on a Mac® computer)
5) To select multiple individual files, click on the first file, then press the [Ctrl] key on your Windows® computer or [Command] on a Mac® computer and while holding it down, select the other files by clicking on them.
6) Drag and drop the selected file(s) into a folder on your computer or onto your desktop. (Warning: Do not disconnect the cable during a transfer.
To restore or copy a file or group of files and programs from your computer to your calculator:
1) Open the TI Connect CE Software.
2) Connect your TI-84 Plus family calculator to the computer’s USB port and turn the calculator on, by pressing the [ON] button.
3) Navigate to the desired file(s) on your computer.
4) Click on the file names you would like to select.
5) Drag the file(s) to the Calculator List Panel, and hover over the desired connected calculator.
6) Release the mouse button when you see “+Copy”
7) For calculator image files, select a file name from the drop-down menu. This will be the name of the image on your calculator. Click “Send.” Warning: Do not disconnect the cable during a transfer.
Please Note: There is no “Backup and Restore” built-in functionality for TI Connect CE Software. TI Connect CE Software does not support transfers through the I/O port on TI-84 Plus family calculators. The TI-SilverLink cable is not compatible with TI Connect CE software.