Solution 28931: Restoring the Preloaded Apps on the TI-83 Plus Family, TI-84 Plus Family, and TI-Nspire Handheld in TI-84 Plus Mode Using the TI Connect™ Software for Mac®
I accidentally deleted the pre-loaded apps from my TI-84 Plus calculator; how can I restore them using the TI Connect software for Mac®?
To restore the pre-loaded apps on the TI-83 Plus family, TI-84 Plus family, or TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode using the TI Connect software for Mac®, follow the steps below. If the TI Connect software for Mac® is not installed on the computer, download it from TI Connect software home page.
Please Note: If you have issues connecting to the calculator to the computer please follow the steps in Kbase #27430
1) With the TI Connect for Mac® software installed and the calculator connected to the computer, open the TI Device Explorer by going to Mac Hard Drive > Applications > TI Connect > TI Device Explorer.
2) If the TI Device Explorer detects the connected calculator, the model number of the calculator will be displayed at the top of the window.
3) If using a TI-83 Plus or TI-84 Plus calculator, download and save the "83 - 84 Plus (pre-loaded).tig" file to the computer's desktop. If using the TI-83 Plus Silver Edition or TI-84 Plus Silver Edition calculator, download and save the "83 - 84 Plus Silver Edition (pre-loaded).tig" file.
4) Double-click on the .tig file to "unzip" it.
5) With the .tig file unzipped, highlight all of the calculator app files and drag and drop them into the TI Device Explorer window. This should start the pre-loaded apps restore process.
For additional information on using the TI Connect for Mac® software, open the software by going to Mac Hard Drive > Applications > TI Connect > TI Connect X, click on the "Help" menu and select "TI Connect X Help".
Please Note: If the pre-loaded apps are deleted from the TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode, re-installing or updating the operating system on the handheld (using the TI-Nspire keypad and TI-Nspire Computer Link or TI-Nspire family software) will automatically restore the apps once the TI-84 Plus keypad is inserted.