Solution 11965: Graphing a Step Function on the TI-83 Family, TI-84 Plus Family, or TI-Nspire™ Handheld in TI-84 Plus Mode.
How can I graph a step function on a TI-83 family, TI-84 Plus family or TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode?
A step function (for example, the greatest integer function) can be graphed by using the int( command. The example below will demonstrate how to graph a step function on a TI-83 family, TI-84 Plus family or TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode.
For example: Graph the greatest integer of Y=X
1) Press the [Y=] key to access the Y= Editor.
2) Press the [MATH] key and scroll to the right to select the NUM menu.
3) Press  to select the int( command.
4) Press [X,T,theta,n] [ ) ] to input the x variable and to complete the command.
5) Press the [GRAPH] key to display the graph.