Solution 11949: Creating Images for the Start-Up Customization Application on the TI-83 Plus Family,TI-84 Plus Family, or TI-Nspire™ Handheld in TI-84 Plus Mode.
How can I personalize the start-up screen on my TI-83 Plus family, TI-84 Plus family, or TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode with my own graphics?To create customized Start-Up graphics, two options are available:
1) Drawing a simple picture on the computer, and then sending it to the TI-83 Plus family,TI-84 Plus, or TI-Nspire handheld in TI-84 Plus mode.
2) Drawing a simple picture directly on the calculator.
Drawing a picture on the computer:
1) Open up a painting or drawing program. Change the width of the drawing area to be 92 pixels and the height to be 68 pixels. (If the option to change the resolution is available, change it to 72).
2) Create the drawing. Save it as a bitmap (.BMP), and call it pic0, pic1, pic2, etc. Anything up to pic9. (Up to 10 graphics can be stored at a time on the calculator).
Drawing a picture directly on the calculator:
1) Press [2ND] [DRAW].
2) Press [↑] [ENTER] to access A: Pen.
3) If the axis is not desired to be shown, press [2ND] [FORMAT] [↓] [↓] [↓] [→] [ENTER]. Repeat first two steps.
4) Place the cursor on the point where to begin drawing. Press [ENTER] to turn on the pen, and then just move the cursor. As the cursor moves, the drawing appears on the graph one pixel at a time.
5) Press [ENTER] again to turn off the pen.
6) To continue drawing on the graph, move the cursor to a new position where to begin drawing again, and then repeat the steps above.
7) To cancel Pen, press [CLEAR].
8) Save the picture by pressing [2ND] [DRAW] [→] [→] [ENTER].
9) Press  -  [ENTER]. The graphic is now saved under the file name pic0, pic1, pic2, etc.
Please see Making Graphics Appear In the Start-Up Customization App for the TI-83 Plus Family and TI-84 Plus Family Calculators for additional information.