Solution 30010: Information on TI Calculators with a Rechargeable Battery
Charge duration and other information about the TI Rechargeable Battery.
- The TI-84 Plus CE calculator can last up to one month on a single charge. Length of charge varies by usage, so if you use your graphing calculator regularly, consider recharging the battery often. Avoid waiting until it is fully discharged.
- The TI-Nspire CX II/CX II CAS calculator can last up to one week on a single charge. Length of charge varies by usage, so if you use your graphing calculator regularly, consider recharging the battery often. Avoid waiting until it is fully discharged.
- When properly maintained and under normal usage, TI Rechargeable batteries are expected to last about 3 years.
- The TI Rechargeable Battery will not recharge if it is outside of the temperature range of 40 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Before attempting to recharge a calculator, it is a good idea to update it to the latest Operating System, if you have not previously done so.
- Note that when connected to any type of TI Docking Station, a USB Wall Adapter or a computer, the battery levels of TI calculator products do not provide real-time updates.
- Laptop Computers can charge a TI Rechargeable Battery, but the laptop may have to be connected to a power source to do so.
For more information:
- TI Rechargeable battery, please see our Lithium-Ion Battery Routine Maintenance and Care for TI Graphing Calculators page.
- TI-Nspire Family, please see the TI-Nspire guidebooks.
- TI-84 Plus CE calculator, please see the TI-84 Plus CE guidebook.
- TI-84 Plus C Silver edition calculator, please see the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition guidebook.
If you require additional assistance please contact TI-Cares.