Solution 15303: SmartPad™ App Not Connecting with TI-SmartView™ for the TI-84 Plus Software.
Why is the SmartPad App not connecting to TI-SmartView for the TI-84 Plus software?There are several things to check to ensure that a TI-84 Plus Family Calculator will properly connect to TI-SmartView for the TI-84 Plus software, and allow users to use SmartPad App to communicate with the software.
Please Note: When used on an unsupported computer operating system the SmartPad app may fail to connect. If you follow the steps below and the app fails to connect you may need to install a supported OS to continue using the SmartPad app.
First, ensure that the latest version of TI Connect™ software and TI-SmartView for the TI-84 Plus software, as well as having the latest OS (Operating System) and SmartPad App is installed on the TI-84 Plus Family Calculator.
At this point please follow the steps below to use SmartPad with TI-SmartView for the TI-84 Plus software:
• Turn on the TI-84 Plus Family Calculator and plug it in to the computer.
• Launch TI-SmartView for the TI-84 Plus software.
• On the handheld, press [APPS] [S].
• Locate SmartPad App.
• Press [ENTER].
At this point a set of instructions on how to end the link on the calculator should appear. Key presses will only be visible on the software.
If unable to connect, please follow the steps below to re-install the USB Human Interface Devices (HID) Drivers:
• Right click on My Computer and select Properties or from the Control Panel choose the System icon.
• Click on the Hardware Tab and select Device Manager.
• Expand the Human Interface Devices submenu.
• Right click on a USB Human Interface Device entry.
• Choose Update Driver.
• Select "Yes, this time only..." and click Next.
• Choose "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and click Next.
• Pick the "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install." option and click Next.
• Windows® will display the system driver in a list.
• Click Next.
• Allow the driver to install and then click Finish.
• Open TI SmartView for the TI-84 Plus software and attempt to us the SmartPad App.
Please see the TI-SmartView guidebook for additional information.