Solution 13481: Correcting the Error Message "The Wizard Could Not Find the Necessary Software" When Using the TI Connectivity Standard A to Mini-B USB Cable for Windows®/Mac® or the TI Connectivity Cable USB for Windows® /Mac® (silver).
How do I correct the error "The Wizard could not find the necessary software" when using the TI Connectivity Standard A to Mini-B USB Cable for Windows®/Mac® or TI Connectivity Cable USB for Windows® /Mac® (silver)?
This error is displayed when Windows fails to automatically find the drivers for either the cable. Follow the steps below in order to make sure the drivers are installed correctly:
• Right click on My Computer and click Properties.
• Click the Hardware tab.
• Click the Device Manager button.
• Look under Universal Serial Bus Controllers for either Unknown Device, or for the calculator's model (ex. TI-84 Plus, TI-89 Titanium) and right-click on the device.
• Click the radio button next to "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" Note: Make sure you do not select "Install the software automatically (Recommended)".
• Make sure the box next to "Include this location in the search"is checked off, then click the Browse button.
• Browse to C:\Program Files\TI Education\Driver Files, then click OK.
• Finish the Hardware Update Wizard.