Solution 15180: Replacing and Installing the Battery In a TI-15 Explorer™ Calculator.
What type of battery is used in the TI-15 Explorer and how is it installed?
The TI-15 Explorer uses one CR2025 lithium button cell battery.
About replacing the button cell battery on a TI-15 Explorer calculator:
For safety purposes and to prevent ingestion, the button-cell batteries in school and student-owned calculators as well as basic/elementary calculators without battery doors are not designed to be replaced. It is possible to replace the battery by removing the back case of the calculator, but opening the back of the calculator voids the one-year, limited warranty. This must be done carefully, as we cannot be held responsible for any damage caused when you attempt to replace the battery. If your calculator is already out of warranty, you might choose to remove the back case to replace the battery.
To replace the button cell battery:
- Place protective cover over the TI-15 Explorer and lay the calculator face down on a flat surface.
- Remove the screws from the back of case using a small Phillips screwdriver.
- Carefully separate the front of the calculator from the back starting from the bottom of the calculator.
- Remove the old battery from the calculator using a small Phillips screwdriver if necessary. Replace the old battery with the new battery and replace the back of the case.
- Press the [On] and [Clear] buttons at the same time to reset the TI-15 Explorer. Doing this will also clear the memory and all the current settings.
- Be careful not to damage any of the internal parts of the calculator.
- Avoid making contact with other components inside the calculator while changing the battery.
- Dispose of old batteries properly. Do not incinerate batteries or leave where children can find them.
If your calculator does not power on, please see Warranty Information on Texas Instruments Products Purchased in the United States and contact Texas Instruments by filling out the TI-Cares™ Customer Assistance Form or by calling 1-800-TI-CARES (1-800-842-2737) Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM, Friday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Central Time to obtain service information.