Solution 12294: Replacing and Installing the Battery in a TI 34II Explorer Plus™.
How can I replace and install the battery in a TI-34 II Explorer Plus Scientific calculator?
The TI-34 II Explorer Plus Scientific calculator is battery and solar powered. The TI-34 II Explorer Plus operates in well-lit areas using solar cell and operates in other low-lit areas using the button cell battery.
The TI-34 II Explorer Plus uses one CR-2025 lithium button cell battery.
About replacing the button cell battery on a TI-34 II Explorer Plus Scientific calculator:
For safety purposes and to prevent ingestion, the button-cell batteries in school- and student-owned calculators without battery doors are not designed to be replaced. It is possible to replace the battery by removing the back case of the calculator, but opening the back of the calculator voids the one-year, limited warranty. This must be done carefully, as we cannot be held responsible for any damage caused when you attempt to replace the battery. If your calculator is already out of warranty, you might choose to remove the back case to replace the battery.
To replace the battery:
1) Place the TI-34 II Explorer Plus face down.
2) Using a small Phillips screwdriver, remove screws from back case.
3) Starting from the bottom, carefully separate front from back.
4) If necessary, use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the old battery and insert the new battery.
1) Be careful not to damage any internal parts.
2) Avoid contact with other components while changing the battery.
3) Properly dispose of the used battery immediately.
4) Do not leave batteries within the reach of children.
5) Do not incinerate batteries.
Please see the TI-34 II Explorer Plus guidebook for additional information.