Solution 22310: Correcting the Error Message Variable is Locked, Protected, or Archived on the TI-89 Family, TI-92 Family and Voyage™ 200.
How do I resolve the error message, Variable is Locked, Protected, or Archived, when deleting an item from the var-link menu on the TI-89 Family, TI-92 Family and Voyage 200 graphing calculator?
The error, Variable is Locked, Protected, or Archived, appears when attempting to delete a locked program, equation, list, etc. from the var-link menu using a TI-89 family, TI-92 family or Voyage 200 calculator. Since the item to be deleted is locked, then the user will not be able to remove it from the unit.
To unlock the item and delete it, please see the below instructions:
- Make sure that the unit is on.
- Press the [2nd] [-] to bring up the var-link menu.
- Scroll to the item to be deleted and press [F1].
- Scroll to the option that says "Unlock" and press [ENTER].
- Press the backspace key to delete the item, and press [ENTER] to confirm the delete.
Please see the TI-89 family, TI-92 family and Voyage 200 guidebooks for additional information.