Solution 11770: Graphing Polar Rose Functions on the TI-89 Family, TI-92 Family and Voyage™ 200 Graphing Calculators.
How do I graph polar rose functions on the TI-89 family, TI-92 family and Voyage 200?
The example below will demonstrate how to graph a polar rose on the TI-89 family, TI-92 family and Voyage 200.
1) Press [MODE], change the Graph mode to Polar, change the Angle mode to Radian, and press [ENTER] twice to save the new graph and angle mode settings.
2) Now press the [Diamond Key] and [F1] to enter the equation into the graphing editor.
3) Press , [*], [2nd],[Y], [.].
4) Press [2nd], [+], and then press [ENTER] on 1:Greek. Scroll down to 9:q and press [ENTER].
5) Press [)] to finish the equation and then press [ENTER] to save.
6) Now , press the [Diamond Key] and [F2] to access the Window settings.
7) Change qmax to 4p.
8) Finally, press the [Diamond Key] and [F3] to view the graph.
Please see the TI-89 family, TI-92 family, and Voyage 200 guidebooks for additional information.