Solution 21209: Creating a Class Roster .csv or .txt for Import into the TI-Navigator™ Software.
How do I create a class roster .csv or .txt for import into the TI-Navigator software?
Outlined below are guidelines to create a .csv or .txt file for import into the TI-Navigator software:
First you will have to create either a .csv or .txt file with your class information populated. You can either create one from scratch or use the attached .csv or .txt files.
Please Note: To open .csv files you will need a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft® Excel®, if you do not have such program it is suggested you use the .txt file
If you create the files from scratch you will need to create a file with at least 3 columns with the below headers:
• First Name
• Last Name
• User Name
There are a few optional headers you can enter listed below:
• Student ID
Specific information about the headers listed above can be found below:
• First Name is the student’s first name
• Last Name is the student’s last name
• User Name is the name the student will use to log in and must be unique no two students in any of your classes can have the same username.
• Student ID is a numerical indicator assigned to each student and is only listed for record keeping and is not used by the software in any way.
• Password allows you to assign a specific password to a student rather than having the student chooses their password when they first log in.
Once you have finished creating your .csv or .txt file you can import the class roster information into the TI-Navigator software by following the steps in Knowledge base Article #32551
If you need additional assistance with other components of the TI-Navigator System please visit Knowledge base Article #31211
If you need assistance with any of the steps listed above or if the troubleshooting does not correct your issue please call the TI-Navigator support line at 1-866-846-2844
Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM and Friday 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM Central Standard Time or fill out the TI-Cares™ Customer Assistance Form.