In this lesson, students will use a simulation to observe and manipulate electric field, electric lines, positive and negative charges.
- Students will describe what happens when positive charges interact.
- Students will describe what happens when negative charges interact.
- Student will simulate the motion of a charged particle through an electric field using the properties of like and unlike charges.
- electric charge
- negative charge
- electric force
- positive charge
- electric field lines
- electric field
About the Lesson
Adapted from a PhETTM simulation, this lesson is a simulation of an electric field where positive and negative charges interact. The fictitious context is of a hockey-style game where a positive charge (the "puck") is pushed through the "goal".
As a result, students will:
PhET is a trademark owned by the Regents of the University of Colorado, which was not involved in the production of, nor do they endorse this product.
- describe the interactions of two positive charges, two negative charges, and a positive and negative charge
- predict the motion of charged particles