In this lesson, students will simulate projectile trajectories, neglecting air resistance.
- Students will explore factors affecting the trajectory taken by a projectile (ignoring air resistance).
- Students will observe and compare horizontal and vertical velocity components as the projectile travels along its trajectory.
- Students will observe maximum range values and determine the optimum launch angle.
- Students will observe the effect of an elevated landing area on the range of a projectile.
- parametric equations
- projectile range
- vector components
About the Lesson
This lesson simulates projectile trajectories, neglecting air resistance.
This is a conceptual activity and as a result, students will:
- Observe the connections between launch speed, launch angle, and vertical and horizontal velocity components.
- Observe how a trajectory changes as the initial launch conditions change.
- Determine a maximum range and optimum launch angle.
- Explore the effect of an elevated landing area on range and optimum launch angle.
This activity was created using Lua. Learn more about Lua in TI-Nspire here.